The Dirty Nation
The Dirty Nation
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: I'm getting away,,getting away,,getting away,,getting away,,getting away,,getting away,,getting away,,,getting away,,,with murder!!!
- (Added by: JO PAPA)

Poll Please help Monkie decide.....
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Dirty Shooters -> Ghost Recon SeriesMessage format

Please help Monkie decide.....
OptionResults
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier5 Votes - [83.33%]
Max Payne 31 Votes - [16.67%]

GREASIEMONKIE
Posted 2012-05-07 8:22 AM (#115709)
Subject: Please help Monkie decide.....

Elite Veteran

GamerTag: GreaseMonkie
Date joined: 2004-11-29
Last logon: 2016-11-12

Guys,

$$$ is awfully tight right now. I'm going to only make one game purchase this month, and I can't decide between Max Payne or Ghost Recon. The folks at GameStop told me I could use the money I put down for Ghost Recon to purchase Max Payne if I wanted to. I just was not impressed with the Ghost Recon multiplayer beta. The controls and visuals are just over-the-top, sensory-overload to me. But I'll get it if that's what all my buddies are playing. Max Payne was a lot of fun on PC years ago, but I can't tell if RockStar is going to help or hurt this title. Looks good, but you never know until you play. Hep a brutha owt!!!

What should Monkie buy (please vote):
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Hitman51
Posted 2012-05-07 3:56 PM (#115710 - in reply to #115709)
Subject: Re: Please help Monkie decide.....

Expert

GamerTag: Hitman51
Date joined: 2003-08-24
Last logon: 2014-08-12

I say go with Ghost Recon. I am picking up both, but I know that several of us have pre ordered and paid this sucker off. That said, Beta's are just that...Beta's. Either way you go, I think that you will have a few of us here that will be seeing you online.
FerretCon
Posted 2012-05-07 4:02 PM (#115711 - in reply to #115709)
Subject: RE: Please help Monkie decide.....

GamerTag: FerretCon
Date joined: 2003-08-20
Last logon: 2016-02-03

YIKES....This is a tough one buddy! Here's what I do know about the two and it sure ain't much!

Max Payne 3 is being developed by a couple of my fav's in the biz! GTA and Red Dead were a couple of my favorite gaming experiences EVER! And after playing through Red Dead it's safe to say they got the bullet time down eh? I do hear the single player is linear though, no open world on that. And I'm clueless on the multi-player. As for right now and with the group we play with it looks like you, me and Hitman are the only ones showing interest in the purchase of this game.

Ghost Recon is a tough descion as well. I with you felt sensory overload when attempting to play the multi-player beta. Matter of fact I tuned it out all together. There is a handful of guys that we play with regularly that wil be picking this up so I could see some Terrorist Hunt or Co-Op Missions. But how long till they start throwing more DLC at us that we'll buy and never play. And how different can it really be? Is it just another re-hash like the many MW's and COD's that we play?

I'd go Ghost Recon if I were you buddy and maybe wait and rent Max Payne. Or at least wait until you get some more definitive info on the game. At least with the GR you know you can always play with the homies and that's garunteed some great laughs. Let me know what you decide to do, maybe we can both rent the Max Payne and take it for a spin!
JO PAPA
Posted 2012-05-07 6:30 PM (#115712 - in reply to #115709)
Subject: RE: Please help Monkie decide.....

GamerTag: JO PAPA
Date joined: 2003-09-05
Last logon: 2014-06-04

Ghost here guys..Beta sucked,,but i am betting on coop and firefight to give us some laughs,,besides pictures of hoops penis for a change.
GREASIEMONKIE
Posted 2012-05-07 6:58 PM (#115713 - in reply to #115709)

Elite Veteran

Good enough for me, fellas. GR it is! Thanks for the input.
fragtard
Posted 2012-05-07 8:25 PM (#115714 - in reply to #115709)

Elite Veteran

Date joined: 2006-07-14
Last logon: 2017-01-07

Gotta vote Ghost here, too. Haven't played the beta, but my homeslices at work are leaning toward picking this up after we're done playing Mass Effect 3 multiplayer. We are eager for the next Rainbow 6 game, and think Ghost Recon might help tide us over for a while.
FerretCon
Posted 2012-05-09 9:54 AM (#115715 - in reply to #115714)

GamerTag: FerretCon
Date joined: 2003-08-20
Last logon: 2016-02-03

Yep looks like they cleared that up for ya Mr. Monkie....GHOST!
QuBix
Posted 2012-05-12 7:02 PM (#115716 - in reply to #115709)

Expert

Date joined: 2003-08-23
Last logon: 2016-07-05

I think the GR beta was good but it wasn't great. It sure wasn't the old GR that we know and love. However Ubisoft added the full sp to be 4 player coop and not just some missions that take place on the mp maps. I mean sure, you still have that mode but now you've got a full fledged mp game too. Max Payne 3 will be great but that's sp and its mp is unproven. Now whether it'll be good or not, time will tell but as of right now it looks decent but nothing that GR is throwing at us. Money wise, GRFS is the way to go but MP3 is also a great buy if you love the series. I for on am picking up both but neither is "THE" game I will be playing for years to come. I feel gaming ain't as great when it comes to shooters now a days as it was with the original xbox. R63, Black Arrow, Ghost Recon, GRIT, GR2 and Summit Strike were some of my favorite times on XBL and those sim style military shooters are somewhat missing now a days. Everything is so casual it's sickening. I hope Halo 4 has that old vibe back, I hope next years R6 is good ...key word being "hope".
GREASIEMONKIE
Posted 2012-05-13 2:53 PM (#115717 - in reply to #115716)

Elite Veteran

QuBix - 2012-05-12 8:02 PM

I think the GR beta was good but it wasn't great. It sure wasn't the old GR that we know and love. However Ubisoft added the full sp to be 4 player coop and not just some missions that take place on the mp maps. I mean sure, you still have that mode but now you've got a full fledged mp game too. Max Payne 3 will be great but that's sp and its mp is unproven. Now whether it'll be good or not, time will tell but as of right now it looks decent but nothing that GR is throwing at us. Money wise, GRFS is the way to go but MP3 is also a great buy if you love the series. I for on am picking up both but neither is "THE" game I will be playing for years to come. I feel gaming ain't as great when it comes to shooters now a days as it was with the original xbox. R63, Black Arrow, Ghost Recon, GRIT, GR2 and Summit Strike were some of my favorite times on XBL and those sim style military shooters are somewhat missing now a days. Everything is so casual it's sickening. I hope Halo 4 has that old vibe back, I hope next years R6 is good ...key word being "hope".

Great perspective, Qu. I agree with your comment about "casual". I'm reserved about Ubisoft because I thought they KILLED the Splinter Cell series for me. I only played the demo of Conviction, and it completely turned me off. When I hit a button to engage an enemy, I want that button-push to represent a trigger-pull or other direct, single-action. If I recall correctly, hitting a skittle in Conviction made Sam Fisher jump out of cover, morph into "bullet-time", aim (lock) his weapon, shoot the weapon, and head for next cover area....like playing out a full animation sequence. It completely took "skill" out of the game.

So I'll take the gamble with Ghost Recon....and hope to afford Max Payne later, if it's any good. Again, thanks for your input.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)